In any business office space, it is important that you keep the area clean and professional-looking. A clean office will not only give a good working environment for the employees; it can appeal to clients and customers as well. This can certainly be difficult without a strategy in place, but there are a number of cleaning tips that you can follow to assist in keeping the office looking great all the time.
1. Filing system – Having things placed in the correct location will endure that clutter is kept to a minimum. Because a lot of work is usually done on the computer, paper documents can easily be scanned, which limits the amount of space needed for these documents.
2. Storage of documents – If you have archived paper documents, consider storing them off-site to reduce clutter. Even better, go paper-less. You can store your documents online for easy access. Ensure that they are backed up so that the files are never lost.
3. Do not eat at the desk – While taking your lunch break at the desk may be efficient in some circumstances, it can be quite messy and unprofessional if clients come in and see loose crumbs or wrappers laying around the office.
4. Keep desks and counters clean – Have spray bottles of wood and glass cleaner in the office to wipe down and smudge-covered desks and tables.
5. Garbage and recycling bins – There may be different guidelines for recycling and waste disposal. Having the proper trash and recycling containers will help to make this process run smoothly.
6. Cleaning common areas – These areas can become dirty quite easily. If all employees are responsible for participating in office cleaning, a schedule of when these different areas is cleaned may be useful.
7. Office plants – Plants can help liven up an office, but if the plant is shedding leaves, it can look unprofessional to guests. Make sure to water the plants often and pick up fallen leaves. An artificial plant is ideal for people who are looking for something that is maintenance-free.
8. Clean behind furniture – Do not forget to clean around and behind desks and other furniture. Consider a cheap floor vacuum or sweeper to make cleanup quick and easy.
9. Recognize work stations – Most of the time, the layout of an office is not efficient. Even in a small office, rearranging furniture and workstations can prove to be more efficient and more visually appealing. Creating more space can make cleaning much easier as well.
10. Put yourself in the clients shoes – Walk through the front door and look at your surroundings. Sit in the waiting area. Sit in the chair across from your desk where the client would normally sit. If you view the office as a potential client does, you are sure to see areas that need cleaning or improvement.
While you can very well clean your office on your own, doing so can prove to be a hassle and even a disturbance to your job. In this case, it would be best that you hire commercial cleaning services San Jose. This way, you are assured that you get a good cleaning job all the time.